Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm Legit!

It didn't take long, but I think it is safe to say I am officially an uppity New Yorker.  Here are my top 10 reasons why I think I'm legit:

1. Someone on the subway asked me which stop to get off.

2. Someone on the street asked me which direction was 42nd Street.  (Now granted, we were both on 45th Street... and I had just come from 42nd Street... but it still counts!)

3. I used the intercom to answer the door and 'buzz' someone into my apartment building.   




4. I bought my fruits on the side of the road.

5. I got my herr done at a Dominican shop where no one spoke English.  And it was only 20 bucks!
  




 
6. I ate 1/2 a pizza in Brooklyn, then walked across the Brooklyn bridge.

7. I accidentally fell asleep on the subway, but miraculously woke up just as the train pulled into my stop!

8. I went grocery shopping in Harlem... by myself.



9. I got annoyed when 2 people were walking too slowly in front of me. 

10. I giggle a little inside everytime I see people with fold out maps, brochures, and fanny packs.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO COOL!!!! I'm so, so glad that you are loving it there. Your pics are amazing,and I know it's only a matter of time before you're dancing Giselle in front of a packed house (You've seen Center Stage, right??) Love you!

    ReplyDelete